HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Grove author, Philip Peters' new book just published

I see Philip Dickenson Peters all over the Grove, he always seems so studious, working on something, and I am always loathe to bother him, so I see now what our local author has been doing, this month Philip had his new novella in verse published.

"Manikato: only the lover can know God" is Philip's new ebook that may be downloaded on line. It's a contemporary interpretation of the Old Testament's Song of Solomon-Song of Song, restaged in a tropical Caribbean setting.

Philip did a lot of research in order to get a deeper understanding and perspective of the cultural setting of the story. He has joked that the friends, calling the novella the "Caribbean Kama Sutra."

The book is only available here right now:
www.manikatobook.com, but will be in printed book form in the coming months. You may also see Philip's other books at the website.

Now if I could just figure out what Brian, my boating, live aboard friend, is always writing in those notebooks he scribbles in at the Bookstore and Starbucks.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grape, "my boating, live aboard friend". I'm a sticker for nuances Grape----I mean you pinned me against several, numerous walls and allowed me to retort----so I'm just being journalistic; please don't get pissed, I mean, what does this translate into? Please do not attack me to viciously here; again I repeat "my boating, live aboard friend", I thought you lived in a condo and since I offered you my boat to take people out and about I assumed you had no access to say, for exampe, Biscayne Bay. Are you stating you do not need my boat? If so I shall stop offering this free service. And yes, I'm jerking you around out of friendship so don't get pissed, Okay! and of course don't print this. Yet, if you choose, this is anom. Love Ya.

February 18, 2009 9:04 PM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

I have a friend who is a live aboard at Dinner Key area. I don't live there. He does.

February 18, 2009 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home