HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, December 28, 2008

King Mango Strut was one of the best ever

glenn-antoinette
Today's King Mango Strut was one of the best ever. Maybe it was all the crazy things that happened in the news this year -- there was plenty to parody. Antoinette Baldwin appeared as Sarah Palin and the crowd loved it.

Our group (I came up with it, but wasn't actually in it) of Code Enforcement officers brought a lot of smiles, too, people loved receiving fines for smiling, laughing and just scratching their heads. Anna Maria got the group to look very menacing and they marched in line and handed out the citations.

As you can see, I got the new blog masthead for the New Year. Like last month, where I got four bickering restaurant owners to pose (left), I managed to get bickering Glenn Terry and Antoinette Baldwin to pose. It took me six hours. I tried earlier in the day and finally, by the end of the parade, I guess they were both in a good mood and I got them together for the picture.

I had it planned in my head for weeks and when the time was right it just happened. I think Barbara Lange was involved but I'm not sure, she kept telling me she would help me get them together every time she saw me today. But I did a lot of begging all day and I think I just wore them down. I guess it helped that I was right in Glenn's face for most of the parade at Commdore Plaza and Main Highway and I did follow Antoinette around like a little puppy dog whenever I saw her.

But after all those hours of planning, just as they started posing for me, a Herald reporter and a few other photographers grabbed their cameras and they snapped away, too! I set up the shot and everyone got it, as well! I was going to save the new masthead until the New Year, but I have it here now, so that I can have it published first.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an incredible day! Great, great, great fun (as always) -
Only complaint? My son was given a ticket by the code enforcement for "too much smiling."
Clearly - he should have been cited for "food all over his face." ;)

December 28, 2008 7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do The Mangobama

Everybody's doing a brand new dance now,
(Come on Baby, Do The Mangobama)
I know you'll get to like it if you give it a chance now,
(Come on Baby, Do The Mangobama)
There's never been a dance that's so easy to do,
You're really gonna like it if your state is blue,
So come on come and Do The Mangobama with me

You gotta wiggle your ears now,
Come On Baby, turn left, turn right,
You gotta move on like Barack, Whoa Whoa

Everybody's riding the Obama train now,
(Come on Baby, Do The Mangobama)
Rolling over Hillary and John McCain now,
(Come on Baby, Do The Mangobama)
You spin around a basketball and bump your fist
You never saw your mama do a dance like this
So come on come on and Do The Mangobama with me

(a 4 bars instrumental solo)

Yeh, Yeh, Yeah, Soon he'll be the President and he's got a plan now,
(Come on baby, Do The Mangobama)
Bail out our economy, oh yes he can now,
(Come on baby, Do The Mangobama)
You empty out your pockets and you cover your tush
Say hello to Camelot and bye bye Bush
So Come on come on and Do The Mangobama with me,

Come on baby do the Mangobama
Come on baby do the Mangobama
Come on baby do the Mangobama

December 29, 2008 5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home