HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, July 25, 2008

Where is all the traffic?

Have you noticed there aren't many cars on the road these days? Is it summer? Is it the price of gas?

This is South Miami Avenue, in front of Mercy Hospital about 8:45 am yesterday. It should be rush hour right? Is everyone getting to their desks early these days, before 9 am?

Maybe people are taking Metrorail. Either way I like that there is no traffic, but it is scary in a way if it is a US economy issue.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's just summer. Isn't it great!!!!

July 25, 2008 9:39 AM  
Blogger SteveBM said...

Its definitely a combo of summer and the economy. I noticed a slowdown in traffic months ago on my commute north on US-1 and 95N from the Grove. People are trying to be smart with commuting due to the high gas prices I think.

July 25, 2008 10:05 AM  
Blogger Gabriel J. Lopez-Bernal said...

I hear most of the civic center parking garages are much emptier than usual as many more employees are ditching their cars for the sensible alternative - metrorail

July 25, 2008 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When will Coconut Grove get the Zip Car program?

When that happens I will ditch my car for good.

www.zipcar.com

July 25, 2008 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is because no one wants to get on I-95 and get caught up in that whacky system. I know I don't. I bet more people are using Biscayne Blvd. to avoid that mess.

July 25, 2008 7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is the gas prices that is putting a damper on activity. It is a matter of economics, does it make sense to spend $10 to $20 on transportation on a daily basis in order to make minimum wage on jobs that do not exist? The government is run by oil men and this is a new form of indirect taxation.

July 25, 2008 7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen a lot more bicyclists, too. Hooray for them!

July 26, 2008 8:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's definitely the gas prices. My office is off Cypress Creek and I started taking the Tri-Rail just over a year ago. And in that time, the number of people taking the Tri-Rail has more than doubled.

Personally, I've come to love the taking the train. I bring my laptop and wireless card so that I can catch up on the news and unwind. I wouldn't go back to driving if gas was $1 a gallon.

August 04, 2008 7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home