HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Armed men on the loose; H&H Jewels robbed

As I write this, part of Center Grove is shut down. At first I thought it was Burn Notice filming, but there are two armed guys on the loose. They had just robbed H&H Jewels on Main Highway, right on the corner of Fuller Street.

They are believed to have run behind the school on Matilda but Virginia Street down to McDonald Street are all blocked and of course Fuller Street, where the robbers escaped.

Unfortunately for Focaccia, just then a big tour bus full of Italian students filled the restaurant to eat and just as they were ordering, the cops came in and told them to vacate. It was so funny watching the teachers try to round up all the kids, checking the bathroom and other areas to be sure they didn't leave any behind. The teachers were in a panic, the kids loved it.

I never saw a bus take off so fast. They kids told me they enjoyed living in a "real" Miami Vice moment. I don't think the Chamber of Commerce would agree, but the kids loved the excitement as they hightailed it into the sunset rain.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those students were lucky they had to vacate, I rather GET robbed than eat there

July 15, 2008 3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Herman's jewelry store H&H got robbed. Nobody got hurt.

July 15, 2008 4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this area still closed? I live on Virginia by the Mayfair....

July 15, 2008 4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations On Breaking the H & H Robbery Story.
I believe you beat out the Miami Herald.
You where at the right place and at the right time.
Your photos where wonderful.
I am just glad that the robbers did not rush into Focaccia and take hostages.
I hope that the students return and give Focaccia another try or else they will miss having the best soups and sandwiches in the Grove.
Keep up the good work.
Harry

July 15, 2008 7:21 PM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

I actually think I arrived just when the cops did. Those kids are probably on their way back to Italy right now.

I had them lock the back door at Focaccia. Just in case. And I guarded the front door with my camera. :)

July 15, 2008 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only someone there had a concealed weapon permit, they could have put an end to the whole situation and taken two scumbags who would rather prosper off others hard work out of the gene pool.

July 15, 2008 10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry Foccacia missed that business; they are such nice people and their food is great! I have been in there for dinner - if you haven't, you are missing out.

July 16, 2008 8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NEWSFLASH! According to Sarnoff, we should stop serving liquor from noon to 3pm to stop this crime wave. lol

July 16, 2008 4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there you go again.....Sorry, I didn't want to play, but Sarnoff made himself the donkey.

July 17, 2008 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home