HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Saturday, May 24, 2008

I'm lovin' it

I am addicted to McDonald's coffee and their new chicken sandwiches. And I can get them both ways -- hot coffee or iced coffee or a breakfast chicken biscuit or a lunch chicken sandwich. I didn't drink coffee for such a long time, but now if I am not at Focaccia, I am at McDonald's.

And I'll find myself just pulling in any time of the day to just get coffee. I like the iced coffee just black, without cream or sugar and they still don't get that, so I have to repeat it over and over, "Plain, nothing in it, no sugar, no cream." They look at me like I have three heads, but it is so fresh, crisp and clear that you don't need to add anything.


OK, enough of the McDonald's commercial. Apparently not everyone feels the same because I saw this thrown away chicken sandwich in Coral Gables the other day. Right there on the sidewalk. It actually looks like a fish, but I think it is the McDonald's chicken sandwich.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know that the Southwest Salad is back??? Yum! And the new McDonald's looks great!

May 24, 2008 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't even feed my dog McD!!!

May 24, 2008 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dog wants to know where, exactly, that tossed chicken sandwich was-- he'll eat anything off the street.... but his favorite coffee bar is at The Bookstore in the Grove. He makes a beeline for the door if we are anywhere within a half block.

May 24, 2008 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They have copied Chick-Fil-A which has little presence in south FL. The chicken sandwich tastes almost exactly the same. Too bad for Chick-Fil-A but one has to give McDonald's credit for providing the competition.

May 24, 2008 12:47 PM  
Blogger SteveBM said...

Yeah, that is a near identical match to Chick-Fil-A. Its pretty damn good too. I love how McD's is attempting to annihilate anyone who is even somewhat associated as competition. Its awesome.

That looks more like doo doo on the street in the picture haha.

May 24, 2008 2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post is a new low.

May 24, 2008 3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job supporting those "local grove establishments" that you always talk about. Hypocrit!!!! See ya at Home Depot.

May 24, 2008 4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY DEAR LORD! I wish they would open ten thousand Mickey D's next to my house in the Grove. Their Coffee and Chicken Sandwiches in that beautiful, luscious drive through are such a delicacy, delicious!!! alienated moron...

May 24, 2008 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the bookstore was a BOOKSTORE but in reality its a coffee shop,computer repair shop and I guess anything else!!! Except a reall bookstore

May 24, 2008 8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you couldn't get a cup of coffee and pastry at the bookstor, I bet you'd be the first one complaining....

May 24, 2008 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember seeing a pile of McDonald's trash on the street one morning when I was running. I lived in a very rural town at the time. The closest McDonald's was 90 miles away. Very sad. And that's nothing compared to the pollution it causes to your insides. See ya at the cancer clinic.

May 25, 2008 7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that chicken sandwich even real chicken or man-made chicken - like the utility beef Hardy's Fast Food Restaurant use to serve up.

May 25, 2008 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home