HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Rumor has it . . .

That the Bookstore in the Grove is trying to get Pamela Anderson for some kind of bookstore event.


That Mayfair is looking into knocking down the back part, and putting up an office/medical building. I asked one of the marketing guys from Mayfair and they said they knew nothing about it.

That Renée Zellweger and Harry Connick, Jr. have been at the Grove Expo Center filming "Chilled in Miami." As you know the Expo center is used for interiors for "Burn Notice," the tv series, which is due to take over for their filming in April.

That Chili's is having structural problems at CocoWalk -- the floor is caving in -- the problem goes all across to Tu Tu Tango. I asked one of the guys I know at Cheesecake Factory, under Chili's and he tells me no problems at all -- biz as usual. But I did ask one of the artists at Tu Tu Tango and they said they did have floor and structural problems recently. Just saying this is maybe the hold up at Chili's which has been red flagged.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

3 Comments:

Blogger SteveBM said...

I hope Mayfair does that. We could use more office space in the Grove to generate more business during weekday lunch and happy hour. Of course, that office space will likely come at an insane premium a la Mayfair...

RE: bad flooring at Cocowalk. This is definitely true at Tu Tu Tango. When it downpoured during the Art Festival, I sought refuge at Tu Tu Tango. A few of their outdoor drains backed up and caused some flooding for a few minutes. Nothing too bad but I think that all of the wet footed traffic in and out of the place caused serious floor damage. I say this because as I walked to the bathroom, the floor sunk down under my feet. Probably something that they should address dont you think?

March 06, 2008 9:13 AM  
Blogger Miami247 said...

I look forward to Pamela Anderson giving me a bear hug at the book store, yippie.

March 06, 2008 2:00 PM  
Blogger Willie said...

I would like to let everyone know that we do not have any structural problems at CocoWalk and we have not been “Red Flagged” at Chili’s. Any delays that we have experienced have been due to normal delays that occur when building a restaurant on a third floor with a tenant above.

We are scheduled to open June 2008.

“Welcome to Chili’s”

March 06, 2008 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home