HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Wacky lights

I received the following email from a reader:

I have emailed [the City] but have had no reply whatsoever, and I would love to have this issue addressed.

I live in South Grove (area Douglas, Avocado, Palmetto, Plaza) and walk my dogs daily in my neighborhood. In the evenings, when one walks by the recently installed street lights, they go out, rather than becomming brighter - sort of a reverse motion detector. When you approach the street lights, they are lit, but as soon as you get close, they go dark.

You can imagine how much more difficult it is to walk in total darkness. As soon as you pass the lights they go back on. I asked [the City] if this was a malfunction, or intentional because it makes absolutely no sense to me. Is this another brilliant City of Miami light installation, or something stranger?

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't tell anyone, but I have a confident source in Washington, DC that has informed me that Dick Cheney has personally ordered a special NSA survelience system installed right here in the Grove.

It was ordered because of the subversive opposition to Big business operating in the community.

I am told that there is a CCTV link directly to the VP's residence on the grounds of the US Naval Observatory.

As most here in the Grove are aware, it is BIG Evil Corporations that are really running America.

Be careful what you say and do in this area, you may end up missing!

February 10, 2008 11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried contacting your local NET office?

http://www.miamigov.com/NETS/pages/Coconutgrove/Coconutgrovenet.asp

Or 305-461-7063 in Grand and Douglas.

Good luck!

February 10, 2008 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in South Grove (area Douglas, Avocado, Palmetto, Plaza) and watch the dog walkers walk their dogs daily in my neighborhood. In the evenings, when one walks by the recently installed street lights, they go out, and quickly they encourage their dogs to crap piles of poop in the dark, unseen, and quickly run off (relieved that the don't have to bend down and scoop) with the obligitorty plastic bags hanging from ones belt, leaving the homeowners smelly gifts with the morning papers.
BEWARE of these sneaky midnight poopers... there ought to be a law!

February 10, 2008 8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we can have less dog poop if we limit dog walking only till 5pm. This way there would be no pooping in darkness.

February 11, 2008 2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously this is a malfunction. Report it to your Net Office. You should have that number handy. For Village West and South Grove 305-461-7063, for NE and Center Grove 960-4670. Plug into your cell phone if necessary, keep by your phone.

February 11, 2008 3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dogs should stop eating and drinking after 3am.

February 11, 2008 3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell FPL about the problem and they will investigate. Also, I have had luck when I tell the Mayors office of burned out or wacky street lights. Go right to the top, I always say.

February 11, 2008 4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live north of bird rd. and here the lights works perfect, these dog walkers still leave their dog crap in my front yard were my kids play and they walk away when I try to confront them:-(

February 11, 2008 8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It also depends who you contact.

I also agree you should email or call the mayors office. They get on top of the residents needs quickly or email the mayor himself.

March 08, 2008 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home