HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Thursday, November 15, 2007

The endless tree saga

This in from Anthony Rubino:

CL JAHN questioned whether or not the report from Lisa Hammer was widely available.

To this I will respond:

After I wrote Tom Falco, the owner/maintainer of this blog, in response to his accusation of me being a 'selfish developer', he wrote me back and asked me if he could publish my response to him. I told him that he could publish it IF he agreed to use the entire letter AND if he agreed to post Lisa Hammer's reports.He then promised to do so in a return email sent to me on Monday where he said, "Send me a link to both and I'll publish them. They have to be part of a website or something for me to link to them."I sent him the following link (below) on Monday and have asked him DAILY via email why he never published the link. He has not responded to me since Monday.

If you want to see the reports they can be found at:
http://lisahammerreports.googlepages.com/home

Editor's note: I have not received any emails from Mr. Rubino about this and this was the first time I have seen the link. There is no logical reason for me not to post the link after I specifically asked for the link. Again, I didn't receive any emails from him on Monday, perhaps they ended up in the spam folder or something. But there is the link now.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

6 Comments:

Blogger C.L.J. said...

Thanks for the link!

I think Mr. Rubino has been used rather harshly. The documents fully support his claims.

- he had wanted work around the tree
- he found that he couldn't
- he didn't hurt the tree.

November 15, 2007 9:58 AM  
Blogger SteveBM said...

That tree looks like hell anyways. If that were your house here in South Florida where we are prone to storms with high winds, youd want it gone too.

Now that we've got that out of the way, time for the "McMansion" complaints to start rolling in!

November 15, 2007 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From what I have read here I think that a lot of you have forgotten one of the most important points. The well known Arborist, Lisa Hammer, who’s services have been used many times by groups like “the tree man group” and Liliana Dones’s “TreeWatch”, has said that the tree NEEDS to be removed because it is dying.

I think that Mr. Rubino has done everything to build around this tree but it is a fact that this oak is dying. Everyone that is complaining about the removal of this tree will feel a lot different after the next hurricane when parts of this dying oak are flying thru their fences and houses.

I have lived in the Grove for many years and love the canopy and trees that are here but there are some times that trees need to be removed. Every tree removal needs to be seen on a cases by cases bases instead of the mob mentality of most grovites that want to stop the removal of EVERY tree.

November 15, 2007 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked at the pics and drove by the tree and I think the pink painted duplex behind the tree looks more sickly and neglected than the towering straggly unkempt oak.

What a sad story - all of it.

November 15, 2007 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's interesting that people who are most apt to cry abuse! of government power in other circumstances are so willing to allow government to interfere with the essential rights of property owners just because it makes them feel morally superior.

November 15, 2007 7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Swlip.

I am sure more of these folks are concerned about the Patriot Act and the government listening in on their conversation to Aunt Mary than they are having the government tell them what they can do on their own property.

It is really astounding sometimes.

November 16, 2007 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home