HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Saturday, November 02, 2019

How green was my bike lane?

You may have noticed the bike lanes are being painted green around the Grove. The funds for this were generated by scooter rides, over one million rides in six months! So it's a scooter-funded bike lane! Atlantic Pavers is the company doing the job.

Someone asked me about the bike lanes and suggested the city should spend money on potholes instead. Perhaps they should do both. Potholes are a major issue these days. I assume they are caused by construction workers and machinery, since we don't have freezing snow and ice, which are the cause of the potholes up north most of the time.


I spent over $2500 just a few years ago due to one pothole which ruined my car. I should have called the insurance company at the time, but didn't think of it, so that came out of my pocket. I can't tell you how many close calls I've had since then.

I do report the potholes on the 311 app, but I've noticed it takes about three complaints to get it done, and if you add that up to other people probably reporting the same potholes, then it seems the city really needs to be nagged when it comes to filling them.




YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

So if the lanes are green will th the bikers actually use them???

November 02, 2019 3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On Gifford Lane when a pothole appeared Bill & I would purchase tarmac mix @ Shell Lumber or Home Depot, pour the mix in the hole, bang it down with tamper, back over it with a car and presto, end of problem. Why let a $10.00 or $20.00, problem linger in our neighborhood or cost someone $2,500.00?

November 03, 2019 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home