HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Lots of memories at this location

I usually don't post summer closings, but I've received quite a few emails asking about BoHo, the restaurant at Main Highway at Fuller Street. They are closed for the summer, they will open again September 3.


Photo courtesy of the Herald

I found it interesting because this week I saw this photo of Coconuts, the shoe store floating around. It was taken in 1988. This was in that BoHo space in the 1980s. I love the photo because I created that logo! The Coconuts logo.


Every time I would pass by I would point to it and say, "I did that!"

I had a client who was a bag company, you know, they designed and sold paper bags and boxes to stores, so when you purchase something, that's the bag you would put the merchandise in. They gave me the info for Coconuts and I put it together with whatever went on the bag, I guess the name and address and phone number. They didn't have a logo so I sort of whipped this up quickly. It's simple, but they apparently liked it. It was on the store and their front windows for so many years.


I remember another time I called out, "I did that! I did that!" People looked at me like I was crazy, we were at a meeting about 10 years ago, I think it was a merchants meeting at the Glass House and someone held up the old Grapevine in the Grove newspaper, also from the 1980s. I used to typeset and lay that out. I hadn't seen it for years and when someone held it up to prove a point about something, I got excited and started yelling. 


YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bring back TCBY!

July 22, 2018 3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Future Office Space
SO SAD!!!

July 23, 2018 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home