HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Saturday, March 17, 2018

You can't have anything nice

I usually don't use the word stupid. I like to say "less than smart," but in this case, I will use the word STUPID. In capitals.

The sidewalks were just re-paved on Grand Avenue at a great expense and inconvenience. And now that they were redone in most areas, they are being torn up. Know why? Because fiber optic cables are being put in. So these new bricks are now marked up with paint and will be dug up a month after they were placed down so that work can be done underground.

Meanwhile, I twisted my ankle on the broken bricks and can barely walk.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The entire Grove is falling apart. construction and detours everywhere.

March 17, 2018 9:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such a Miami move.

March 17, 2018 3:50 PM  
Blogger Remeny said...

ahh the brilliance of redevelopment in coconut grove. ridiculous.

March 17, 2018 3:59 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I know several people who have tripped, sprained ankles , etc. if you need medical attention, the City should pay for it. Poor planning once again

March 17, 2018 5:07 PM  
Anonymous the mad russian said...

If it is to ad another cable company like Verizon "fios" as an alternative to the Comcast monopoly - it is worth it!

March 17, 2018 6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I twisted my ankle on the bricks/hole where bricks should be, on Fuller, at night (hard to see there was a hole where I expected a brick). The Grove is a mess, literally, and the whole valet idea is STUPID as well, not to mention the useless stupid kiosks. Mb they should try not overbuilding where there is no room, no parking, 3 main streets to the whole downtown, and then they keep taking away parking spaces where there used to be parking spaces. Seriously, in the back of my mind there is a plan to move when I retire, its just a question of when... as Im pretty sure things here will be worse.

March 17, 2018 10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5G is coming, no need for more cable and wire. Coconut Grove should become an Intel 5G test site.

March 18, 2018 12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friends wanted to visit South Florida and asked me about Coconut Grove. I advised against it as its a total construction zone. Weird how we will need a recession to stop all this foolishness.

March 19, 2018 4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dropped off my husband to pick up food on Friday night. I drove down Commodore Plaza in order to circle back and get him. Every restaurant was packed. It was really nice to see the Grove alive again. What I did notice was the centralized valet spots were all empty. This system is not working. It is just taking away valuable parking spots.

March 19, 2018 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home