HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Are the Black Eyed Peas coming to town?

 Black Eyed Peas


For a couple of weeks now I have been seeing ads on a Hip Hop R&B Legends Tour (info here) which is supposed to be taking place in Peacock Park on June 30 and July 1. It headlines the reunion of the Black Eyed Peas. Trouble is, no one locally knows anything about it. I checked with City of Miami Parks Director Kevin Kerwin a couple of weeks ago about this. He said, " This sounds like a pipe dream or something akin to the Fyre Festival fiasco/fraud. Professional event promoters know the detailed coordination that takes place to successfully present an event of any scale. They also know that promoting an event without a permit is irresponsible and puts them at risk of not having a venue. I would strongly caution anyone who would purchase a ticket or even a deeply discounted ticket to an event that has not secured a venue."

And they are calling it a Black Eyed Peas Reunion Tour. Is Fergie back? I thought she just left? 


I reached out to Goldstar, the event promoter. They don't have a phone number, which seems odd, but they did reply to my email. But the email just sent me back to the event page. 

Their website looks legit. I saw tickets available for a play called "It Shoulda Been You," starring Tyne Daly at the Miracle Theatre in Coral Gables. I had seen this play in New York recently and it has the full original cast here in the Gables. I sort of questioned this since I thought the show was still playing in New York, except for the fact that I ate dinner right next door last night and there was "It Shoulda Been You" right on the marquee. I mentioned it to friends at the time. So the Goldstar website seems legit, even though I think it is sort of fishy that you can't call them on the phone.

So I am not sure what to make of this Hip Hop concert. It's sort of a non-story at this point, but so many of you have sent me the link to this event that I thought I should mention it here.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goldstar isn't the event promoter. They're more like LivingSocial and Groupon. There's a listing for the event on eventbrite.com and it absolutely reeks of being a scam: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/greatest-hip-hoprb-legends-re-union-tour-live-on-stagecoconut-grove-tickets-on-sale-tickets-34390757682

June 06, 2017 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Jay H... said...

Goldstar is NOT a scam. Everybody I know use it to get discount tickets. If you don't understand the entertainment business discount discount tickets are sold when a venue has excess or is not able to fill the venue. But hey - glad you "think" it is a scam, why don't you find out the truth before you "think. PS they reply almost immediately to your email and work with you if you want to cxl.Is Uber or lyft a scam because there is no phone number.And look on the Goldstar site now- the event is not on! And Tom , I am the one who has been emailing yolu about this but surprised you never heard of Goldstar - it's nationwide -even New York I think. Its all legit !! Want my list of events I have gone to last years - probably 40 or so.Last one was the play Quills in Wilton Manors, have tickets for 4 more events at present..Save money AND support the arts.

June 06, 2017 5:22 PM  
Anonymous Seaman_Staines said...

I just got off the phone with Fergie.
Apparently she is still obligated to her duties as The Duchess of York.

June 06, 2017 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, eventbright.com has "Black Eye Pease" not Black Eyed Peas so that's a fun way to confuse.

June 12, 2017 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home