HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

They say they love the Grove

I know some people wonder why I was posting stories last week about the new glass condos and other projects coming into the village. I guess because that is all that is going on around here. It's that and offices. I don't know any new retail. In fact, I could make quite a list here of the retail we are losing. There are so many empty spaces around town now.

I do feel that so many outsiders have come into the Coconut Grove because they "love the Grove." If they loved the Grove, they would not over-develop it. I don't know many Grovites who approve of these new structures going up around town and the comments I get here that are in favor of the projects, I assume are from the developers themselves. They are anonymous so I can't tell, but if they were proud of what they say, they would sign their comments.

One comment from a local (an anonymous local) said: "I am tired of you posting all of these supposedly wonderful, new expensive residences which most of us Grovite's cannot afford. They all basically look the same. Get back to basics such as construction filth and noise. Massive trucks ruining our roadways. Gridlock etc. Code enforcement is going to be very busy as these developers will do anything they can legal or not to complete their projects."

I have to agree with that. The Grove is going to be a mess for many years to come with all the construction and street worked planned. And in the end, will we be any better for it? I don't think so.

I do believe that if we were our own city that most of these structures would not be happening. They City of Miami has no shame. No class. It's all about getting more and more tax dollars. There is no quality of life.


I was up in Biscayne Park, El Portal and Miami Shores this past weekend. They respect themselves. They respect their towns. You should take a ride up there some time. See what the Grove should be.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

6 Comments:

Blogger REID PREATT said...

MONEY IS HERE RIGHT NOW. PLACE IS BEAUTIFUL. TREES MAINLY. BUT MIAMI SHORES AND BISCAYNE PARK ARE NOT GOING GET 5 MILLION DOLLAR BUCKS FOR A CONDO. SHORES ETC NICE PLACES TO LIVE BUTT I-95 WOULD BECOME YOUR BEST FRIEND. ALSO REGATTA PARK, THE ONLY PEOPLE I SEE THERE ARE SHOOTING OFF ROCKETS. WHATS WRONG WITH TODAYS PEOPLE.

May 30, 2017 3:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No one likes construction but...now we have more green space near the water, better restaurants in every price range (vs. joints), more and improving sidewalks, a few more real stores vs. outdated clothes shops, and more family and grownup tourism. I think the Grove is moving in the right direction and most of my neighbors think so too.

May 30, 2017 5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a long time resident I vomit every day just thinking of how they messed up my town.what a shame

May 30, 2017 8:39 PM  
Anonymous Jim Hesketh said...

Those of us who loved the old Grove loved it as a quiet, peaceful, historic refuge from Miami's craziness and fast pace.

The new "groveites" are people moving to Miami and looking for an exciting, trendy place in the magic city. They have the money to turn it into what they expect Miami to be like. Their refuges are mental, not physical like the Grove was for us.

May 30, 2017 10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long have you to live in the Grove, to be consider a Grovite. According to some comments it looks like 50 to 70 years!

May 30, 2017 10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg how funny I vomit alot too thinking of all this traffic and construction.could it be something in the air ?

May 31, 2017 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home