HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Is this a solution to alleged post office crime?



So word has been going around about check washing allegedly going on at the Coconut Grove Post Office, we posted a letter from a reader last month about it.

I have been taking my snail mail to the post office at Coral Way and 18th Avenue because I am uneasy about the Grove post office.

At the Grove location, they changed the mail box so that you cannot reach in and grab mail, but I am concerned about what goes on inside the post office, in the back dark rooms. I don't have any facts, but I have heard too many stories of mail disappearing and then checks allegedly being washed. So I'm not sure if this new mailbox is the solution. Perhaps cameras on every section of the back areas of the post office are the answer.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used the automated postage machine in the lobby of the Grove Post Office on Wednesday of this week, and today, Friday, my credit card company called me about fraud alert. The post office was the ONLY place I've used my card in weeks, so it was obviously stolen from the postage machine in the lobby. Is there a skimmer on it? I won't be using that machine again. Watch out.

March 24, 2017 6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I always use the postage machine because there is a long line. Never again.

March 25, 2017 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home