HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

There's not much going on around here

After all these years, there is not much going on around Coconut Grove. I mean, not much for me to report on, it's kind of quiet and I'm not up to running around looking for stories like I have in the past so to that end, there may be days when there are no posts, simply because there is no news. It's sort of nice in a way, no political fights, no bad news, there's no real news at all and as the summer arrives it will be even more quieter.

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately for some, we don't have the events that we used to. There was a time that there were so many that we were in danger of going over the city's quota of two events a month in Peacock Park, but now there are less and less. We used to thrive on events, but I guess we don't have to anymore, most of the restaurants are doing very well, we have so many new places to eat now.

I have been working on other projects and I don't have the time to run out and get stories like I did in the past. I had a knack back then of being in the right place at the right time, it all was just in sync. 


So I need your help to keep the Grapevine going. I invite everyone to send me news, photos, coverage of events that I may not have attended (with the names of the people in each photo) if these events happen in Coconut Grove.  School news, bank news, party news, whatever, the email address is to the right, see it? There's no charge, just send your news, stories or whatever. Did you take pics at an event? Send 'em!

But again, we may not be published daily, so please keep that in mind. But there have been so many stories in these past 11 years (I've posted 12,000 stories here!), that I may rerun some golden oldies.

Thanks.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure that Glass and Vine is doing well now but I wonder what the future holds. It was my boyfriend's birthday and we were both so excited to visit this new restaurant. We were meeting friends so we sat at the bar to wait their arrival. We ordered drinks and were both given the wrong drinks. I ordered a vodka and club soda, got tonic instead. He ordered Spiced Rum and soda but got Scotch. Our friends arrived so we paid the tab. WOW, expensive, no happy hour at this place.

The menu is awful and there was nothing that anyone was interested in ordering. We decided to move onto a different location.

I am so disappointed. I love the location and the renovation work. I hope they change soon.

April 13, 2016 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just went to Glass & Vine last night and i thought the food was really good. We waited at the bar before our reservation and had a great time with a beautiful view. The bar tab was a little pricey but not more than most places in miami. I thought the small plates that we ordered at the bar were really good. You can tell the staff is still trying to figure things out so i didn't take it personally if they weren't the most attentive. I'm sure the service will improve over time.

April 13, 2016 2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the HOT HOT summer starts poking as it is beginning to, everything slowwws to a screeching stop, besides a freezing cold beer the only thing exciting going on is the weather girl chasing a hurricane on the screen.

April 13, 2016 8:46 PM  
Anonymous swlip said...

I was walking in Regatta Park, last night, and saw a whole bunch of "Public Notices" posted on the trees for a hearing on the proposal to add the parking garage and commercial space along Pan American Drive. I think that the hearing is next week.

It might be worth mentioning.

April 14, 2016 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home