HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, January 03, 2016

The accidental FAM Night

FAM Night (Fashion + Art + Music) was really quite nice on Saturday night. I really didn't expect it. I didn't invite anyone because I thought it would be a quiet night and that I'd just go out and get my photos and leave, so I did it alone, but it was really nice.

I was expecting a few people out, but in spite of itself, FAM Night was quite busy. I don't think most people were out for FAM Night, it was just probably people trying to get the last weekend in after a long holiday season. My family was out earlier eating at a couple of Coconut Grove places, so many people probably had that in mind.

There were a lot of families out and so many more people than I've seen in awhile.  I thought they were locals, a friend tells me they were tourists. Either way, it was nice to see so many out on a weekend night. There was more music than art and that pleased the families who were out and about all over the Grove, although I did hear one guy say to his family, "This is not the Grove I remember."

All the restaurants were full and so were the bars. I'm thinking that the people who were out and about enjoyed the live music on almost every corner and this is a plus for the Grove, as it leaves a great impression.
There was some art of course, and it seemed as if every corner was lit up with some sort of activity going on. All the new businesses were open and bright and proud to be part of the evening.



YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Was Kroma Gallery in the west grove included in the event. .I hope this will be an ongoing event..we definitely are bullish about the resurgence of the grove as a cool place to see art and patronize our great restaurants. .and the ambiance that only coconut can provide. .If you haven't visited Kroma yet. .I encourage you to come check it out. .it's exceptional. .

January 03, 2016 7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought the Art Walk was a bust. Very little art and music. The restaurants were packed. It was more like
Giralda Under The Stars.
Wish the Drum Circle could move to it's original location

January 04, 2016 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home