HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, September 18, 2015

It's not your mama's gyro

We checked out the new Ergon Greek restaurant for lunch and were very happy with the place. Every time I explain where it is to friends, they say, "Oh, the Häagen-Dazs location." So yes, that's where it is - 2982 Grand Avenue. The favorite item on the menu seems to be gyros. Yes, we have Gyros in the Grove, among so many other great things. The interesting part about the gyros is that they are large and deconstructed. 


I noticed many people eating the gyros and when I had walked through the Grove and made a few stops, I noticed people had take-out from Ergon and they also had gyros.

The place is set up just like Confucio Express, the place that was there previously and there are many tables outside, under the overhang, so there is lots of room.

The main counter looks like Zak the Baker to me. I guess it's because of all the breads and items; when I mentioned it to one of the guys behind the counter, he laughed and said that they got their bread from Zak the Baker; so I guess that all made sense.

I got this avocado sandwich on hard bread with lots of other veggies inside and think sliced pork. We also tried the french fries with Gruyere cheese on top.

Coffee and pasta line the walls, so you can take a little bit of Ergon home with you if you like.

They are open daily 11 am to 10 pm. More info here: ergonfoods.com

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

3 Comments:

Blogger suz said...


Ate there last night. We weren't impressed. Everything pre made. Very bland. The "deconstructed"gyro was mostly onions , food was a bit dry,possibly from reheat. Meatballs quite dry, no spice , moussaka mostly potatoes with nondescript meat. Hopefully will improve. Too bad , miss the plce that was open on Main Highway for 5 minutes.

September 18, 2015 11:12 AM  
Blogger Musashi said...

I actually was waiting on my to-go while you were there eating whit your friend. The gyro is really good, but it's pork belly, not lamb. Tasty but really greasy; I would have preferred lamb.

I'm hoping they start doing a bit more prep before lunch because I waited over 15 minutes for my take out. All-in-all seems nice, but with "Deli" in the name I really expected more grab and go items or premade items.

September 18, 2015 3:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Went today.... Tuna sandwich 10$ on a hard roll made the day before... the owner or supervisor parked on the sidewalk (A6 Audi) blocking the locals and visitors.. Bad start. not what we need

September 18, 2015 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home