HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Update on Regatta Park

Someone called me out for not reporting on the new Regatta Park. I'm not sure what he wants me to report, should I go and count the trees being put in?

I have tried to get info, but the Parks Department is very tight lipped on things, they never want to commit to anything. I stopped by this morning, and took these pictures. Not much going on, still a lot of work to do.


I had been there recently with Monty Trainer, he was having a banner put up, it's a diagram of the park, there is one on each side of the entrances, something from Friends of Regatta Park,  we tried to get in that day but were unable. You can see the banners/diagrams on South Bayshore Drive at Pan American Drive and SW 27 Avenue. So since I had been hesitant to climb the fence and write about the grass literally growing, I don't have much to report.

The one piece of news I do have, is that the Parks Department is planning a Labor Day opening. I'll let you know more when I know more. I got that little bit of info from Manny
at the BID.






YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After Expo Center demolition it was considered the most toxic park in Miami and through some magical process the chemicals are gone gone gone.

August 15, 2015 12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure starting to look better, at least greener than the previous block of ugly concrete.

August 15, 2015 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I walk by the park 2-3 times per week. The design looks very nice. Hope it will be a healthy place for all.

August 15, 2015 7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boggles my mind that the City of Miami can not have developers contribute sums of money to fund one of main parks- to make is amazing. This park is contiguous to MIAMI CITY HALL... for goodness sake.
South Pointe Park is amazing - but THAT is City of Miami Beach.

August 17, 2015 12:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The park is going to be beautiful, very much looking forward to the opening.
This is a huge asset to the Grove.

August 17, 2015 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home