HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, June 14, 2015

She's a 70 pound bully

I'm at the gym the other morning, working out on a piece of equipment, and this older lady comes over. She makes the rounds of all the equipment and I always admire her for her dedication, I've seen her for years. She must weight 70 pounds soaking wet. She carries a plastic Target bag with her from workout station to workout station, I don't know what's in it.

So she comes over and she is staring at me. I found this strange because in all the years of seeing each other, we never said anything to each other. I look up and she asks, "How many sets to you have to go?" I told her "two." She said ok and she proceeded to stand there and wait. Three feet from me. With her arms folded. Staring.

It was quite unnerving. I felt so weird that I just got up and said, "If you're gonna stand there, just take it," and I walked away. As I'm walking away, she says, "My husband broke his leg, I'm in a hurry." This made no sense, but that's ok. She is usually one minute on the equipment and gone off to the next one. Rather than quality, she prefers quantity, using all the pieces of equipment for about a minute each.

I went to the other side of the gym. A minute later, I notice this guy, another gym regular, moving from the lat pull down machine which he had been using, so this 70 pound bully could use the equipment.

I asked him, "Did she make you get off that machine?" And he said, "No," and then mumbled something. But in a minute, when little Miss 70 Pounds left that machine, he jumped back on again, so she did ask him to use the machine and he obliged. 


I used to admire this little lady, now I fear her.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous DLM said...

Tia the Summer Season Tom. Every start of Summer I remind myself attitudes are at their lowest due to the heat and lack of employment. It is generally the time for hibernate for those with a little sanity and time for politicians to do most their dirty work.

June 14, 2015 2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Passive aggressive blogging of the year candidate.

June 14, 2015 4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She knew what she was doing, the body language of crossed arms. She stood their staring with crossed arms translates into she intentionally attempted to intimidated you and others to gain some sort of advantage. At times it might be fun dealing with these type personalities; Google "crossed arms body language" to create a retort and win this benign form of intimidation.

June 15, 2015 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home