HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Monday, April 20, 2015

They are annoying people and losing votes, too

As I was at home today trying to enjoy my Sunday afternoon with my three children that attend Coconut Grove Elementary (and that I fully support and am involved with) I was interrupted by the doorbell with campaign workers for Teresa Sarnoff. First, I live on the “wrong” side of McDonald Street as far as the Sarnoffs are concerned. I am two blocks from “Center Grove” but yet we might as well be in Kendall to the Sarnoffs. 

In the past years the Sarnoffs have paid particular attention to the “Center Grove” because that is where they live. But they ignore the "West Grove" until election time. What about “West Grove” all the rest of the time, why is a quarter of a mile so different? We love our neighborhood and for what it’s worth feel safer at night on our street than I do on Mary or Matilda Street. I am a realistic person.

 On another note, I realize development will come and you can’t stop all progress but what about progress in moderation? How is it that Coral Gables is managing to do both but the Grove cannot? I can now see where all the developer money is going, to hire young kids to ring doorbells to try and convince us how awesome the Sarnoffs are. 


I’m sure when they rang my doorbell they thought they would find someone that would listen to their story with interest. Those poor young kids. While they did their best to pretend to take notes as to why I would never vote for Teresa Sarnoff, they surely didn’t think they would get such an earful.

One thing is for certain, while Teresa Sarnoff thinks all the development money backing her is what is going to make her win. She didn't account for this, I have no idea what the other candidates stand for and wasn’t even sure I was going to vote. I can promise you this now, not only will I make darn sure I rearrange my schedule so I can vote, it won’t be for her and I will now put in the effort to find out what the other candidates stand for. I can only hope the other people she bothers in neighborhood are encouraged to do the same. Just thought you should know your blog is well read and respected even if we don’t agree on everything.

Pamela Groom
Coconut Grove

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Teresa Sarnoff thinks all the development money backing her is what is going to make her win."

That alone doesn't guarantee a win. Low voter turnout, too many candidates, and name recognition in the rest of district 2 WILL guarantee her win.

The only way to get the Sarnoffs out of power is for all but one of the other candidates to drop out of the race.

April 20, 2015 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I was interrupted by the doorbell with campaign workers for Teresa Sarnoff"

And who pays for that? Why?

How much is she raising? Who "gives" all that money away? Why. For the good of Man Kind and the Spirit of the Grove? No thing in return, huh?

That's why politics blow. The powerful $$ are bribing their way in as we speak, paving the way for their future "developments" to be approved, chosen at City Hall.

We still need to vote against the putrid Status Quo, but it makes me sick. I hope it takes no more than half an hour. Freakin' politics..

April 20, 2015 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, wasn't two terms enough for the creep, now he wants his surrogate wife to carry the Jolly Roger for another term. Greed, greed, greed.

April 20, 2015 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do hope everyone here knows those campaign workers most likely volunteered their time to go door to door....Just like they volunteer for the Presidential elections.

April 20, 2015 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where was Teresa Sarnoff? Counting all the money coming in from developers with projects pending at the City? Think they are buying influence with Marc Sarnoff?

April 20, 2015 4:19 PM  
Blogger Tony Scornavacca Jr. said...

Utmost respect to Ms. Bloom for signing her name.

That is how you make your voice heard and give yourself credibility.

So many commenters are afraid to do the same, yet they all love to rant.

April 20, 2015 5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give it up Tony. Most people choose to remain anonymous for many good reasons here, that should be obvious to you by now. We're not all real estate agents trying to get popular.

April 20, 2015 6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Tony, if I complain about local politicians and sign my name should I expect a big fat stuffed envelope?

April 20, 2015 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are high rise developers giving so much money to Marc and Teresa Sarnoff? What do they want for their money?

April 22, 2015 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ 3:11 PM - those are not voluteers. Theresa doesn't have the DNC behind her. These are people are bough and paid for - just like the Sarnoffs.

@Tony - enough - I wish you would stop signing your name and take that picture down. Your near constant remarks to the exact same effect have lead me, and others, I am sure, to decide to never use your services.

April 22, 2015 4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh...reading these posts are like reading the plot to a rejected Hiassen novel.

April 22, 2015 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can not believe the Sarnoff's are so arrogant they think THEY don't have to campaign in person! This is a small community with a very limited number of voters. You can't campaign on your own behalf? You send hired staffers to speak for you? DO they know how you would answer voters' questions? Or will they just make stuff up that they think will placate the voters?

April 26, 2015 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home