HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The District 2 race

I see by Facebook posts today that there was a reception for Teresa Sarnoff last night. I didn't write about it ahead of time because I didn't know about it. I am not picking and choosing which news to write, but if I don't know about it, I cannot write about it. I would like to write about all the candidates and they are welcome to send me news, events, whatever; whenever they like. I just don't want people to think I am picking and choosing which events to post here. I'm not. I am treating everyone fairly.

I am not taking sides in this election even though I know quite a few of the candidates personally. I have also been asked to donate to campaigns, but I am not doing that either, because I feel that it's either donate to all seven or eight candidates or be seen as supporting one over the other by people surmising who I donated to if I only donate to one, two or three; so I won't donate to anyone. I don't want to donate to anyone that I am against, and I don't want to be forced to donate to everyone.

I had been in favor of one person, but now I have changed my mind because I am no longer a fan of that person, so I would have regretted donating to that person if I had. At this point, I really don't know who I am in favor of but I do wish I had known about last night's networker  because I might have wished to attend and I want to report the upcoming events for the public. And I am sure many other people might like to attend the events to meet the candidates, but if they don't know about them, how can they attend - and donate money and support?

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teresa Sarnoff's commission bid for her husband's seat makes me sick to the stomach.

March 24, 2015 10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone NOT involved in politics or even remotely interested would work: Let's say, a true Grovite, the Lemonade guy on Kennedy park for District 2!

March 24, 2015 10:38 AM  
Blogger Brian Breslin said...

Tom, I think you should take a stand. If you're willing to vocally support someone, do it. This isn't the Miami Herald (who often shares their picks), this is YOUR blog. I see this as "Tom Falco's Blog" not some impartial Coconut Grove community newspaper.

Don't worry about alienating your readers, they seem to complain about everything anyways, so you might as well do what makes YOU happy with YOUR blog.

March 25, 2015 11:25 PM  
Blogger Tom Falco said...

I honestly don't know who I am for Brian. There are too many people running and I know quite a few of them personally. It will be easier to choose when it's narrowed down to a few.

March 26, 2015 6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your sentiments here, Tom, and would add one more caveat. Early absentee voting was a huge factor in the last District 2 race. Money, time and support are bad to give to someone who eventually disappoints, but casting a vote too early can't be undone.

March 27, 2015 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home