HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, January 04, 2015

My favorite things of the week

I always try to eat right - no carbs, no fat, no sugar, but I've thrown it all out the window lately for two of my favorite things at The Bookstore in the Grove - their new neon green pistachio muffins and their BLT.

I try daily, not to eat nitrates, mayo and carbs, and I usually succeed, but their BLT is the best. They have a BELT, which is bacon, egg, lettuce and tomato, so you can get that, too. But the plain old BLT is what I like.

I usually drive them nuts at the Bookstore trying to figure out what to eat, usually for breakfast, because I always want something healthy, while I try not to have dairy, I do love their yogurt and their freshly made oatmeal with nuts and fruit thrown in. While I'm tempted for their waffles on Waffle Sunday or the French Toast on Saturdays, I try to stick to a healthy diet. I put chocolate and cinnamon in my coffee, just to get a little kick of antioxidants.

My healthy thing about the BLT, which makes it ok in my head, is that I have it on multi-grain bread; sort of like ordering a diet coke with a Big Mac and fries.

They've added lots of juices and smoothies and healthy items to the bookstore cafe. When I get back on my health kick, I'll have the quinoa and tabouli salad or the veggie wrap or their oatmeal for breakfast. But until then, I'm stuck on the BLT and the pistachio muffins.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Bookstore is one of the best things in the Grove. Other businesses with the same overall quality is what the Grove needs.

January 05, 2015 8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard a vegan restaurant is moving into the old Flavor building next to the Sonesta.

January 05, 2015 1:19 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Taking your advice, I ventured over to the Bookstore yesterday. I have to admit that I haven't been there since they moved. I ordered a BLT on multi-grain because, like you, I am a BLT lover. While waiting for my sandwich, I shopped a bit. Lots great gift ideas. I asked for my sandwich to go. It smelled so good, I actually ate part of it in the car. It was excellent. There were other interesting looking items on the menu and I plan to try them soon. As an added plus, the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Thanks for the heads up.

January 06, 2015 8:47 AM  
Anonymous bryan said...

The Bookstores's BLT is the best? Are you saying it beats Lokal's insanely good BLT?

January 08, 2015 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home