HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Saturday, May 31, 2014

A backhanded insult?

Sometimes our village is way to small. This is a funny story.

Last weekend, I left the gym and took the long way around to The Bookstore for coffee, I made a pit stop at the ATM at CocoWalk first. As I walked down Florida Avenue, one of the local security guards called after me and actually came running a block or so to say something. I thought it was a security issue, or maybe just to say "hello." Well, he/she (I don't want to reveal the person) asked me what I did at the gym as he/she didn't see me in there for a very long time.

He/she said that they had clocked me at about 30 minutes and then he/she said, "Don't you think you should spend more time there?" I wasn't quite sure what to say, I mean the NSA is bad enough but the locals here have to totally be worse.

I was dumbfounded and the truth is that I was leaving early to meet some friends in Wynwood for breakfast (at Zak the Baker). But I felt I needed to explain that I thought that I got my usual workout and that I didn't want to overly work out and I sort of stumbled. I then even said, "I still have the same waist size as I did in high school," which is stupid because I could have been a fattie in high school.


He/she then asked what type of workout I was doing in there -- was it free weights, cardio, what?

I got my coffee and walked to my car and passed this person again and just made a muscle gesture, you know like one of those "pump you up" poses and we laughed and I kept going.  But it's strange how every little move that you make in this village is being watched by someone.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony Scornavacca Jr. said...

Being a security guard is probably somewhat boring and I think that one would look for opportunities to interact with other people.

May 31, 2014 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home