HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

What's up with that? Bad restaurant service

I don't like when restaurant owners changes hands or when the staff changes. They don't seem to fit in or at least they don't really know how their customers are or what they like.

I've been going to a Coconut Grove restaurant for years, I think I'm up to their fourth or fifth owner by now, they keep changing, but I keep going back. Recently they changed out waiters, the one waiter who knew me and I knew him so well is now gone. The new guy doesn't know the area or me or the rest of the customers. Which may not be a bad thing except for the fact that I went in for lunch the other day and he told me they could not make my lunch for me because they're not taking special orders.

I was dumbfounded as I had been eating this for years, sometimes three times a week at this place and now the new waiter told me flat out no. I've never been told "no" before at a restaurant, in fact I always found it odd that you could ask for whatever you wanted and they would make it if they had the ingredients on the premises. They did here, as what I wanted was on the menu for lunch that day -- salmon. Only they were making it this greasy French way and I wanted it blackened and healthier. I was told no. No special orders.

The place literally had only two tables, total four people in the place, at lunchtime. Not a good sign. I can see why. 
The owner was right there, I don't know if he heard or not, but either way, after 10 years, I won't be going back. 

I ended up getting salmon, my way, at another restaurant in the Grove.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember that movie with Jack Nicholson where @ a restaurant he order breakfast not on the menu and his retort/reaction almost won him an academy award? "IF" you feel slighted, and U obviously did, go elsewhere. You voted with your $'s and that's all we all can do.

March 26, 2014 6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so Miami (or so the slogan goes). Poor service in the Grove has become the norm, unfortunately. The list of Grove restaurants that I boycott continues to grow. Every so often, I try to give a place another chance only to be reminded of why I stopped going.

The sad part is that I don't get vocal, demand to talk to the manager, etc. I quietly pay my bill and don't go back. I frequently see people complain loudly and that usually doesn't improve things.

For the few places that still deserve Grovite patronage (Lokal and Jaguar happen to be at the top of my list) please try to maintain a level of decent service! I would also like to see more generosity and consistency with the Code 33 program among Grove restaurants.

March 26, 2014 6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the Code 33 program among Grove restaurants?

March 26, 2014 7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one has honored code 33 in years.

March 27, 2014 1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always get Code 33 when I eat at Bombay Darbar and Jaguar.

March 28, 2014 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home