HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Beige Playhouse

Saw this on Facebook today, thought it was cool. I don't remember the Playhouse being this color, and some people tell me it was also pink, which I can't imagine. But I like this. It fits into the surroundings and looks stately, like something great is going on inside.

People online are sharing their memories and what plays they saw there. I know it was a movie theater at one time, but that was long ago, maybe the 1930s. One guy says he saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show there, but that was on the other end of town, where the post office is now. The end of the building, closest to McDonald Street was the Grove Cinema and they showed Rocky Horror there for years. I remember throwing toast in the air there.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but for me this color is awful. Like many buildings and houses in Miami.
cristina

September 28, 2013 8:55 PM  
Anonymous jady said...

Oh it was DEFINITELY Pink. I saw "Fame" there when it was Pink. And I remember this color from the mid-90s

September 28, 2013 11:15 PM  
Anonymous Sophia said...

Did you that the Grove Cinema was located on Virginia St. before it moved to the location on Grand and McDonald? It was where the Grove Spot building is now. I remember seeing A Clockwork Orange there in 1976.

September 30, 2013 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home