HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, February 03, 2013

Not a good way to do business

I walked into a new restaurant in town. No one was in the place except for me, there usually isn't a crowd there.

I ordered a turkey club and fries, the girl, I think the manager, who took the order, asked if I wanted truffle fries. I said, "ok." She then took the order by hand, into the kitchen, she didn't punch it into the system, she just walked in with my order in her head.

I thought for a second, "Hmm, I bet they are charging me extra for the truffle fries, which I really didn't want, since I usually don't eat fries." I asked the bartender if I was being charged extra for the truffle fries, rather than the regular fries. She said yes. I then said, "Well then, can I change it to broccoli or spinach or something else since I'm paying for the side?"

Without missing a beat, she said, "No, it's too late."

I knew it wasn't too late since the kitchen door was practically still swinging from when the manager walked through to give the cook my order.

I said to the girl, can you check. She repeated, "It's too late."

I just walked out and left them with the order. I don't see them lasting around here too long. I passed by yesterday at lunch time and they were closed. I think they may just be open for dinner now. Wonder for how long.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

2 Comments:

Blogger F. said...

I know exactly who you are talking about and I must agree. It's too bad to have such bad service. Specially with a new business, you would think they would be a bit smarter and want you to come back.

Anyways, glad that you are back - even though I have disagreed with you on many issues in the past.

Cheers,

FR

February 05, 2013 10:53 AM  
Blogger Brian Breslin said...

if this is the place i'm thinking of. they are closed sundays and mondays all day.

the food is surprisingly good there. location is a bit awkward since it has very little foot traffic. I'm sure would benefit from having those MASH style signs you mentioned years ago.

February 05, 2013 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home