HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Thinking of coming back

I'm a bit rusty, but I am thinking of returning to the Grapevine. Why? I need the money. My business has been floundering, like many in this economy, I assume, and I am stopped daily, literally daily, on the street, and asked by people to come back. I am thinking of doing so, but with some changes.

 One big change -- no politics. I don't want to get back into that. I really don't I never enjoyed that part of it and sort of got sucked in years ago and never got out. Most people who stop me on the street tell me they want news but news of what's going on around the village, you know, what's new? what's coming in, what's going out, etc. I'll do that. I will also cover events and such, but this is going to be a money making venture now. In the past, I had ads, but 99% of those ads were not paid for.

I've been cheated by people, one prominent restaurant still owes me lots of money, oh wait, I said I wouldn't go there. But most of the ads were friends or trades or things like that. I didn't make money in the past. I honestly didn't. Now I plan to make money. I am going to charge for coverage.

I will charge to have an event or story posted here. There are thousands of people coming here daily to read that stuff. It's a commodity. I am going to capitalize on it, why? Because it's the American way, besides, I need to pay my bills.

 I'll work up a payment structure and charge for various things like flyers, press releases, even charge a premium if you actually want my presence and me to physically cover the event. I have my stories now in the Huffington Post, The Miami Herald, The Examiner, various comic strip blogs (I still am doing Tomversation, my comic strip) and I'll share stories with those publications, too.

I'll let you know what's up as soon as I figure it out. But I will require payment in advance, through Paypal or credit card and I will charge for coverage of everything, I think after eight years of doing this as a hobby, which benefited every single person and business in Coconut Grove, it is now my time to benefit.

 Let me know what you think.

 Thanks,
 Tom Falco

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Tom, I think it's great that you're coming back to the Grapevine. And you should make $$$. Look at what Craig Lewick, the editor of the daily sailing newsletter Scuttlebutt does and he takes advertising too.

Don't cheat yourself for what many consider a valuable online venue for what's happening in the Grove. Go Get 'em!

Jo Ann Mathieu

January 23, 2013 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to advertise the Miami Art League with classes and workshops. I will certainly pay for coverage.
Sally Willits

January 23, 2013 8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog was a valuable service to the Grove and you deserve to make a profit for the service. This Grover definitely wants the Grapevine to return. My family and I have patronized many businesses and events that we heard about from the Grapevine.

I have checked back periodically hoping you would post something new. Good timing!

January 23, 2013 9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Now I'll know what's happening in the Grove and start coming back

January 23, 2013 11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second the "yay!"

Though writing about the Grove for any length of time and trying to avoid the politics is like trying to swim and not get wet. :)
Welcome back and good cess on ye!
OF

January 27, 2013 1:27 AM  
Blogger T. Turner said...

Tom,
I'm so glad that you're coming back. I feel so disconnected from the Grove since you stopped posting. To put it simply Get money, get paid!

January 28, 2013 10:21 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Missed you, glad you're back

January 29, 2013 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home