HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Friday, June 26, 2009

Is it just an urban legend?

The Thriller video may not have been shot here in the Grove, but every news outlet wrote that it was the fact, so I guess we all grew up thinking that. I remember hearing it when I was a boy, right after Thriller came out. I know Michael Jackson stayed at the Grand Bay Hotel around that time and maybe that is how people got the Grove mixed into it.

Either way, the New Times disputes the rumor here. (That's my screen shot, so I guess they got the info here first and then checked out the facts, which maybe I should have done, but I just grew up with that fact, so I guess you hear something long enough and it becomes fact. I always pictured them filming on Charles Avenue. Now I guess I have to think a whole new way, with Michael gone, I guess we all have to think a whole new way.

But Thelma Gibson, probably the Grove historian, claimed on tv today that she witnessed the filming of Thriller at the Grove cemetery so many years ago. I tend to side with Ms. Gibson.

People are actually showing up at the cemetery this morning. I should go out and take pictures. Even if it's not in the video, it is a great part of Grove history. I wrote about The Weathered Edge, the old house next door, too, not long ago.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home