HOME | CALENDAR |  33133 STORE |  AD RATES
Welcome to the Grapevine

News you can use. - Sunlight is the best disinfectant

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Grove parking is scaring me away

Why are there red parking zones in the actual places that people need to park to frequent the businesses in the Grove?

Why can't I park near Starbucks or in front of the Mayfair? Why must I drive by empty spaces on a daily basis, with red signs that say "loading zone" or "no parking" or "get the freak away?" Why are there menacing meter readers on my ass scaring me away from the Grove?

I don't think I have ever seen any trucks loading or unloading in those prime spots. The spots just sit there empty on a daily basis. And as for tour buses, can't they go around the corner to another spot and let people off behind Mayfair or Cocowalk?


I want to park, spend money and enjoy the Grove. But it is not to be. The red zones are keeping me away. I am not paying $8.00 to park in Cocowalk when all I want is a quick coffee at Starbucks and to get take out at Chicken Grill. Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent.

YOU MAY NOT LIFT THE PHOTOS & TEXT. IT'S COPYRIGHTED INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU CAN HOWEVER SHARE A STORY ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY USING THE LINKS HERE.
For linking to this one story, just click on the time it was posted & just this story will open for sharing - only through social media. Not copying and pasting.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean you want the City of Miami to do something that actually makes sense? Boy, are you naive!

September 24, 2006 10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To add insult to injury, the most common sight is a big truck parked right in the middle of the street, not in the loading zone, unloading for 30 or 40 minutes while City of Miami cops sit on their asses watching traffic go to fucking hell. That's poor.

September 24, 2006 7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you live in the grove you are less than 10 minutes by bicycle from the cocowalk.

September 24, 2006 10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually just park at the Sailing Club lot and walk, but few are so fortunate. I agree with Grapevine that the situation makes the transactional cost of stopping for a coffee or a quick meal to be excessive.

Speaking of parking dilemmas, my band, THE FIT, is playing at Tuscany this Friday, Sept. 29, from about 9 p.m.

September 24, 2006 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a way to have fun. Stand at the corner near Johnny Rockets and watch the huge percentage of cars that violate the rules of the road. In case you just don't want to be more frustrated at the banana republic, I can save you the time. Fully 4 out of 10 cars disobey the clearly posted traffic rules in that intersection. No enforcement whatsoever. Drivers and pedestrians beware of the anarchy found not only in the Grove, but all of Miami Dade.

September 28, 2006 9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in the Grove, across the street from Monty's. I try to walk to the stores and restaurants as often as possible, however I must say it's not a pedestrian friendly stroll. If you try going through Tigertail most of the intersections don't even have cross walks and the sidewalks are all damaged and littered with glass. Not only this, you risk your life everytime at the hands of the lunatic drivers, especially at night when the streets are poorly lit.

September 29, 2006 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home